I’ve started business coaching for a local gym and wanted to share some of our accomplishments since I joined in late November.
- Set up autopay schedules, reducing one hour of manual effort per month
- Determined realistic membership capacity by introducing daily sign in and attendance tracking
- Set up recurring weekly huddle to ensure accountability and progress being made on major strategic initiatives
- Created Intro Offer which has returned 32 new clients and converted 12 (38%) of those clients into members over first month of offer.
- Built customer feedback survey to start gathering data around satisfaction and how we can retain clients better (need to know baseline retention to track outcome of this)
- Determined target membership goal which would allow owner to step away from the training side of the business entirely and still breakeven.
- Consulted with owner to find and carve out 1 hour of heads down focus time on business related activity outside of the technical aspects (programming, training, sales, etc)
In the works…
- PnL analysis – are we making a profit? How much is going towards payroll? At one point will we have enough to hire a third trainer?
- Equipment overhaul – how much of a loan is needed to recondition all existing equipment and add
Great progress so far and much more to come. I plan to share more about this experience including deep dives into how we accomplished some of the above in later posts.